It's Week 5 of 6 for the One Room Challenge... that means in order to clean, style, photograph, and write the reveal I technically only have about 5 days to be completely finished. Not bad, other than the fact that a huge component of my design plan changed this past week!! My friends on Instagram already have a hint at what's going on, so let me fill you guys in too.
First of all, the moulding is finished! And by finished, I mean it's up. Caulked, filled, primed and painted it is not. But, the hard part is over! This is crazy, but this might make me the happiest with the moulding...
I did not even think about this connection when I planned the layout of the moulding. Then, as I worked my way around and got to that wall, I realized that tube would be right in the middle of my trim. I proceeded, just planning to camoflauge it the best I could, and what do you know? The spacing ended up fitting PERFECTLY around the hose and I didn't have to alter my design at all. I'm telling you, the little wins are keeping me going on this makeover! (Looks like that thing might need a little paint too!)
The door is getting a little bit of special treatment. There was moulding on the front side but I'm adding it to the back as well. There's a little surprise coming here next week!
The old center light was removed and the wall patched, and the wall has been wired for the new pair of sconces. I'm waiting to install them, however, until the walls are finished.
Speaking of walls, here's where the big change comes in. I spent a good deal of time last weekend working on the stenciled cheetah spots. After painting about 6-7 repeats with the stencil, it just wasn't turning out right and I decided to change direction. So.... I spent another day sanding down the dots that I had painted, re-priming and re-painting those sections of the walls.
Then, I had to come up with a new plan! After about 24 hours of panicking and considering options, I settled on a new plan:
This makeover took a pretty preppy turn quickly!
Not only did I decide paint a buffalo check wall, but I was inspired by Holly's tile and this photo to do it diagonally rather than horizontally. In a room with 7 walls. And wonky angles. I'm crazy. It took another good 3 days to lay out my pattern, mark it all off correctly (after working through several mis-steps), and get it taped off and ready to start painting.
So, at about 7:00 last night I was here:
I got the initial stripes rolled before I went to bed last night. Today I'll be re-taping the opposite direction and hopefully finishing it up. We're having 2 gatherings here over the weekend so I need to be able to get the door back on at least! ;)
Today I'm linking up at Calling It Home with loads of other guest participants on this 6 week journey to transform a space in their home as well, click here to follow along with them too. And, be sure to check in on the group of featured designers who will be sharing their updates each Wednesday. I have several sweet, uber talented blog friends in this group and will be waiting anxiously each week to check in on their progress!
If you've missed any previous weeks, I'd love for you to catch up here-
Powder Bath Week 4: Sconces, Hardware, and Moulding