Hi everybody! How's your week coming along? I know some of you are still covered in snow, but we've actually had a few days in the 70's this week, and it's been great! I'm sure our winter isn't over yet but it's been nice to have a few days of warm sunshine!
Yesterday I remembered that I never showed you my dresser that I was working on a few weeks ago. Actually, I just got around to styling it a few days ago and getting it ready for it's close-ups. :)
Remember, it started out like this:
And then went bold and glossy, which I loved!
However, after living with the color for almost a year, I began to feel limited by it. I really wanted to be able to use some of my blue and white pieces in that spot, and they did not work with the turquoise. I also tried to move the dresser to a few other places in the room, which always put it too close to the green china cabinet, and it just looked strange. So, I turned back to my old stand-by...black.
As usual, I used a small good quality roller and a good brush for the corners, and Behr Paint+Primer paint in a satin finish. I also sprayed a few coats of polyurethane on the top to help the paint cure faster and eliminate the tackiness that results from using latex paint. I still left it completely alone for a few days, and waited probably 4-5 days before leaving anything on the top.
I'm loving how all of these colors play nicely together. After collecting some blue and white pieces over the past several months, I'm wondering where it's been all of my life!
The pulls that I sprayed last year are holding up beautifully, no problems at all.