One thing I didn't think about until I was mid-project were the places where my fabric overlapped, like in the photo above. I knew the adhesive back wouldn't stick to my bottom layer of fabric (where I wanted to attach the top layer), so I used some velcro that I had on hand that was a sew-on "hook" strip and sewed it to the bottom layer. Then I attached the top layer directly to the fabric underneath it wherever the two pieces overlapped.
One bonus, the remotes still work with the skirting in place. However, we often remove a panel if needed for continual access and it's super easy to pop them off and on. There's also a skinny panel of fabric underneath where the two pieces below meet in the center.