Lately it has just seemed dark for some reason (the lights), so I decided to remove the shades. It made a huge difference! We will install a dimmer switch soon so the level of light will be adjustable.
I think I need to spray the white candle covers. I have some Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint that I think will be a close enough match. The white just seems to stick out a bit too much to me.
This is my dining room light just to give you an idea of what it might look like...the covers already matched the fixture on that one.
By the way, I'm really trying to get pictures of Emily's room up! I took lots last week and they just didn't look that great. I've been trying for a few days to redo, but it's been dark and cloudy, not good for lighting! Here's hoping the sun is out today...